Tuesday, November 18, 2008

You can congratulate me now... or later...

Children have fears growing up that most eventually overcome with age. But, some people always have these fears with them. Mine was E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Until just 24 hours ago, I was horribly afraid of this little alien ever since I watched the movie when I was younger. I would hallucinate him at night, knowing that he was planning on attack on me with his eerie long glowing finger. Recently, I was at home sick for a few days. While scanning through channels I came across E.T. on tv. At first I hurriedly changed the channel like I always did when I saw the capital letters of the "E" & the "T". But then I thought... I am 23 years old! Why am I still afraid of this movie?? What was so scary about it? I decided to watch it. The entire movie. By myself. I knew it would be difficult, but I wanted to finally get over my long-lived childhood fear. And I did! I watched the complete movie by myself, start to finish. There were times when my heart started racing and I wanted to cover my eyes, but I held strong and finished like a champion. I learned an important lesson that day... E.T. is your friend not an enemy. God Bless E.T.!

4 comments:

fallen_angel said...

haha...I never knew that you had such a fear of little old ET. All he wanted to do was go home...

Katie James said...

I laughed out loud thinking of you on your sofa screeching and squirming while you watched E.T. :) Although I have to admit... I haven't seen it! It could be the scariest movie EVER! CoNGrAtuLaTiONs on over-coming your fear!

Team Rykert said...

I will totally be here in town. Come and hang out with me! I would love to see you! Call me and let me know your plans!

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog :)